Paycheck to Paycheck
Too many hard working tax payers in the 5th Congressional district live paycheck to paycheck. The cost of everyday life keeps going up. We all have learned to do more with less.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Those who work hard and play by the rules deserve better. You deserve a government that is efficient, effective, and accountable. I know you are frustrated with Congress. Frankly, I am frustrated too! Let’s shake up Washington. Let’s change Washington culture. As of February 3rd, 2015, the 114th Congress has passed 28 different pieces of legislation, including:
- Approving the Keystone pipeline (with the support of 28 Democrats)*
- Passing the Hire More Heroes Act to make it easier for small businesses to hire veterans without running afoul of Obamacare (passed unanimously and is currently being marked up by the Senate Finance Committee)
- Reauthorizing TRIA and correcting a Dodd-Frank regulation that harmed manufacturers, farmers, and Main Street businesses (signed into law on January 12)
- Restoring the 40-hour workweek and protecting the paychecks of millions of Americans (supported by a dozen Democrats)*
- Prohibiting taxpayer funding of abortions*
- Ensuring that Obamacare mandates don’t destroy volunteer fire departments (passed unanimously)
- Restoring common sense to financial regulations to help small businesses access capital and grow (with the support of 29 Democrats)*
- Expediting the licensing of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) exports both to create jobs and strengthen our national security (with the support of 41 Democrats)
- Streamlining the process for building natural gas pipelines so we can lower energy costs for millions of American families (with the support of 14 Democrats)*
- Blocking funds to implement the President’s unconstitutional amnesty*
- Reforming the regulatory process to require agencies to seek public input and adopt the least costly regulations*
- 12 separate bills to combat human trafficking, protect the most vulnerable among us, especially children, and help survivors recover
- Repealing the harmful and disruptive legislation known as Obamacare*
* These are bills that President Obama has threatened to veto.
We each have people we can influence. We each have our own bully pulpit. We each have a part to play in this great experiment call the United States of America. Let your voice be heard. You have more influence than you realize. This country is built on “We The People.” Government cannot fix problems. Individuals can fix problem.