Democrat Opponent Supports Energy Boondoggles, Amnesty, Gay Marriage, Gun Restrictions, and Abortion...
After months of hiding his true beliefs, our Democrat opponent has revealed himself in a recent candidate questionnaire.
- The Democrat calls the Air Force Academy's solar panels, "the type of clean energy we should be investing in." He must not remember that this project cost the taxpayer over 18 million dollars and was the subject of an Inspector General's report that revealed it was delayed by seven months and lost $676,000 in interest alone.
- The Democrat calls for a, "well-defined plan to bring undocumented immigrants into the American mainstream." This is support for amnesty, plain and simple. Congressman Lamborn OPPOSES amnesty and questions why we should pass ANY new immigration laws when President Obama can't even enforce the ones we already have.
- The Democrat says that, "the government should grant equal legal status to all marriages." Congressman Lamborn does not support gay marriage and believes that marriage is an institution between one man and one woman.
- The Democrat says he supports, "universal background checks for all gun purchases." That means he wants place new restrictions and fees on the sale or gifting of firearms between family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors and other personal acquaintances. Congressman Lamborn has a PROVEN record of protecting your gun rights. That's why he's been endorsed by the NRA AND the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition.
- The Democrat says that the labels pro-life and pro-choice are "too simplistic." He goes on to say, "I do not believe that we can trust government to interfere in complex decisions made between a women and her doctor." He is trying to hide from his pro-choice stance. If he believes that the government should not interfere in complex decisions made between a woman and her doctor then you have to wonder if he supported the horrific practice of partial birth abortion? Congressman Lamborn has a 100% and unshakeable pro-life voting record and has been endorsed by National Right to Life, Colorado Citizens for Life, and by Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum.
- The Democrat says, "Congressman Lamborn has voted more than 50 times to repeal the ACA without offering a viable alternative plan that addresses America's health care challenges." Well that is simply not true. The Congressman is a cosponsor and supporter of H.R. 3121, the American Healthcare Reform Act. This bill would safeguard individuals with pre-existing conditions from being discriminated against when purchasing health insurance by bolstering state-based high risk pools and extending guaranteed availability protections. It would also spur competition to lower health care costs by allowing Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines and enabling small businesses to pool together and get the same buying power as large corporations. Other Republican proposals also address free market approaches to healthcare that the Congressman supports.
Please help me stop this Democrat masquerading as a moderate by donating to our campaign and liking our new campaign Facebook page.